8 Steps to Creating a new KPI in OBIEE
First Login into the system in OBIEE tools set “Welcome Screen” is displayed
- Select KPI in the Home screen of OBIEE
- In pop-up menu that appear, select A – Sample Rule
- The General Properties of home screen of KPI editor will loaded. The Description fields is optional, but you will needs to supply both an Actual Values and a Target Values. You can use the functions button to the rights of each field to access key systems and function if required.For the purposes of this data warehouse training tutorial, select Base Fact : Revenue using the small down arrow to the right of the Actual Value fields. Then for the Target Value fields, select Base Fact: Target Revenue.
To enclose the KPI meet our specific need, we’ll also change the Data Formats by clicking the Edit icons. Change the field display in the pop-up as follow:
- Set Treat Number As to Currency.
- Change Currency Symbols
- Set Negative Formats to Minus: -12
- The remaining field can be left as-is
- Click OK to returns to the General Property screen.
At this point you can uses the Enable trend checkboxes to defines whether you want your KPI to show historical perform. We wants to be able to see how the KPI change each month, have the KPI indicates every time revenue fluctuate by 3% or more.
- The Dimension screen allow you to further refine the KPI setting. Click the Add button at the bottom of the screen, then select Time – Time Hierarchy from the Add New Dimensions pop-up. Click OK when done.
- By defaults, the new Time.Time Hierarchy KPI will prompted the users for a value at run time.Add a second dimension and Office – Office Hierarchy in the best OBIEE training in Chennai. And a third Sales Person – Sales Rep Hierarchy. As before you can leaves the value set to the default is prompt value.
- By default KPIs have three standard state – OK, To add your own KPI statistics, select the Show Advanced Property checkbox on the right-hand sides of the screen.Add a new states between Critical and Warning by clicking the green ‘+’ icon to the right of the Critical boxes and selecting Add Above from the context-sensitive menus.
- A new states in the field will be added. Changes the name of the field so that they read OK,Use the tiny drop-down to the right of the label fields to access the Color Selector palettes. Choose the orange color and click OK.
- Click the ‘x’ button in the color selectors to changes the icon associated with the Warning states. Pick any pictures you like from the pop-up menu – we’ve choose a purple triangles – and then click OK.
You can also uses the Action button to automated certain activity should your KPI reaches that states are followed in the OBIEE tutorial. At this point your state should look like in the menu.To makes the KPI state threshold more realistics, changes the thresholds value on the right-hand sides of the screen to 90%, 85% and 80%