Data Warehousing Basics
A data warehouse is a non-volatile time repository within an organization and stored in a data. It is designed and facilitates analysis and reporting. It is a transaction copy data which is specifically structured with query and analysis. A data warehouse is a subject oriented and integrated with time variant and non-volatile data collection and supports with management decision making process. Data warehouse definition is mainly depends on data storage. It is to analyze and retrieve data, to transform, to extract, to load data and in managing the data. It is considered as essential components of a data warehousing system. Many other references used in data warehousing will be broader than the context. This is an expanded definition and involves Business Intelligence tools. All the tools are used for managing the metadata.
Data warehousing starts with the organization needs for unique, reliable, integrated reporting and consolidated data for analyzing data with various levels of aggregation.
Operational system and Data Warehouse
The operational system turns on the wheels of the organization. They include and take order and sign up for consumers and complaints on it. It always deal with the operational tasks and user the data warehouse count on the new warehouse and compare with the other orders and take look at the new customers. It never deals at the time or any other questions. It requires any other rows and compresses into an answer. It is complicated users of data warehouse continuously and changes the questions.
Advantages of data warehouse
Data warehouse helps to high query success. They have complete control over the areas of data management systems.
- Cleaning the data
- Various types of index
- Process of query
- Multiple options
- Data accessing
- Security accessing
Disadvantages of data warehouse
There are many considerable disadvantages included and move the data from various disparate and sources of a data that translates with implementation of cost, time, data information, flexibility and with limited capability.The following are the disadvantages of data warehouse,
- It transforms data from one data warehouse to another data warehouse and can be represented more than 50% of the data warehouse effort.
- All the data lenders have control over their data and increase the security, responsibility and with privacy issues.
- It is implemented with time management and increase the cost.
- It adds new data sources and takes extra time
- Flexibility will be used by the users and various types of data marts are used here.
- Data will be static
- No data drill capability
- It is difficult to accommodate with changes and ranges with schema of data source and queries involved in it.
- It cannot actively monitor or changes any data.